TDI Technologies, Inc. is seeking candidates for a ship navigation and control Systems Requirements Engineer position. The position’s main responsibility will be to assist with large systems engineering efforts and coordinate with program management and engineers executing the development and test to ensure the design effort is executed effectively in accordance with program requirements and plans and to implement measures to limit program risks. The position will require a familiarity with systems engineering development principles, attention to detail, the ability to work with various teams and collaborate effectively, and the ability to organize meetings and schedules to ensure cross functional teams meet program schedules. This position will require conducting audits of documentation and design activities, drafting documentation, and thorough monitoring of system and test requirements.
- Systems engineering support for ship integration, navigation and control systems which includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting engineers and software developers meet project / program requirements
- Identifying program risks early on and providing mitigating and risk limiting measures to ensure schedule, scope, and cost are managed
- Collaborating with various internal and external teams to ensure development projects are executed in accordance with the development plans and the organization’s guidelines for requirements documentation and verification.
- Generation, review, and recommendations for technical documentation and procedures
- Conducting meetings and supporting process audits
- Draft and review of system development plan documents
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in managing requirements for systems engineer programs
- Experience with project management is preferred
- Experience coordinating among teams and leading projects, meetings, and generating documentation and work products
- Experience developing test programs to meet project scope and evaluate requirements
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical writing
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency in software configuration management, build, and version control
- Self-motivated and willingness to approach others with ideas and to solicit information
- Proficient in basic software development methodologies and capability to use software analysis tools such as version control applications and software development studios to review source code
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Troubleshooting and the ability to evaluate and recommend software architecture and solutions
- Experience in requirements management documentation and proficiency in IBM Rational DOORS
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Department of Defense Acquisitions projects
- Experience with waterfall and spiral / agile development frameworks
- Experience with vessel integration for maritime or naval applications
- Experience with software development in C, C++, Ada, & CMS
- Familiarity with the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) framework
This position may require up to 10% travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email resume to: email@example.com