TDI Technologies, Inc. is seeking candidates for a ship navigation and control Systems Engineer position. The position’s main responsibility will be to assist with lab and shipboard troubleshooting of machinery controls equipment, wiring, and interfaces to peripheral systems. The position will also include test support, documentation, configuration control, and interface development. This position will require hands-on work with electrical and computer components as well as rotating machinery. This position will support fielded Integrated Bridge and Navigation and Machinery Control Systems on Naval surface vessels as well as Land Based Engineering Site labs. The candidate must be comfortable working with electrical, computer, and mechanical systems.
1. Systems engineering support for navigation and control system which includes, but is not limited to:
a) Troubleshooting complex problems in networked systems
b) Review of technical documentation related to all variants of currently fielded systems and future systems
c) Provide test support for various equipment, software releases, and test efforts in labs
d) Provide shipboard SW & HW installation support
e) Provide technical input to the design of future user interfaces and system features
f) Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems and future fielded systems
g) Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
2. 1-3 years of experience in electrical engineering
3. Experience with system integration and/or industrial controls and automation is preferred
1. Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
2. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with industrial control systems
2. Experience troubleshooting problems and utilizing team resources
3. Self-motivated and willingness to approach others with ideas and to solicit information
4. Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
5. Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with industrial control systems
6. Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with industrial control system troubleshooting
7. Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
8. Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
9. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
10. Basic Technical writing ability
Additional Preferred Skills
1. Experience with embedded systems development
2. Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems and/or industrial automation
3. Experience with vessel integration for maritime or naval applications
This position may require approximately 25% travel. Location: Philadelphia, PA
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org