GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is for a machinery controls system engineer. The main function of the candidate will be to provide lifecycle support of fielded Machinery Control Systems (MCS) on the USS ARLEIGH BURKE class of destroyer. This includes shipboard support as well as Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) support. The USS ARLEIGH BURKE MCS is comprised of four (4) different variants spanning various technologies.
1. Lifecycle support of the supervisory machinery control system which includes, but is not limited to:
a) Troubleshooting complex problems of all variants of fielded systems (microprocessor based control systems) both at LBES and shipboard
b) Review of technical documentation related to all variants of fielded systems and future fielded systems
c) Provide test support for all variants of fielded systems at LBES
d) Provide shipboard SW & HW installation support of all variants of fielded systems at LBES
e) Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems
f) Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/System/ or Computer Engineering is required; no equivalencies or experience substitutions will be considered.
2. 1-3 years of experience in engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
1. Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
2. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with industrial control systems
2. Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
3. Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with industrial control systems
4. Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with industrial control system troubleshooting
5. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
6. Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
7. Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
8. Basic Technical writing ability
9. Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
Additional Preferred Skills:
1. Experience with Versa Module Eurocard (VME) systems
This position requires the candidate to travel at least 20% of the time.
Active Secret Clearance or eligibility for attaining clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please apply through the ADP website.