TDI Technologies, Inc. is seeking candidates for a ship navigation and control Systems Engineer position. The position’s main responsibility will be to assist with lab and shipboard troubleshooting of machinery controls equipment, wiring, and interfaces to peripheral systems. The position will also include test support, documentation, configuration control, and interface development. The systems engineering roles supporting our Navy customers range from project management to detailed requirements management and can include everything from supporting hardware installations to software development and test teams. This position will require hands-on work with electrical and computer components as well as rotating machinery. This position will support Enterprise Information Systems such as Integrated Bridge and Navigation and Machinery Control Systems on Naval surface vessels and Land Based Engineering Site labs. The candidate must be comfortable working with electrical, computer, and mechanical systems.Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead systems engineering programs dealing with ship integration, navigation and control systems which includes, but is not limited to:
- Support program management, collaborate with developers, engineers, Subject Matter Experts, and end users to ensure projects are executed per requirements and project plans
- Track issues identified in testing or on deployed systems to resolution throughout the product lifecycle
- Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
- Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide technical input to the design of future user interfaces and system features
- Provide shipboard software & hardware installation support
- Provide test support for various equipment, software releases, and test efforts in labs
- Creation, review, and update of technical documentation related to all variants of currently fielded systems and future systems
- Troubleshooting complex problems in networked and embedded systems in lab and shipboard environments, finding root cause and presenting solutions for enterprise resolutions
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in electrical engineering
- Experience with system integration and/or industrial controls and automation is preferred
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with industrial control systems
- Experience troubleshooting problems and utilizing team resources
- Self-motivated and willingness to approach others with ideas and to solicit information
- Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
- Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with industrial control systems
- Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with industrial control system troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
- Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Basic Technical writing ability
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with embedded systems development
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Versa Module Eurocard (VME) systems and/or industrial automation
- Experience with vessel integration for maritime or naval applications
This position may require approximately 10 to 25% travel.Location
Philadelphia, PAEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.To Apply
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please click here.