TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking candidates for a Senior Computer Programmer position. This position will support the development, maintenance, and delivery of Machinery Control System (MCS) software for upgrades and new feature development. The selected candidate will be interfacing with U.S. Navy civilian software and systems engineers, support contractors, quality control engineers, and engineering management.
- Lead software teams in implementing upgrades or resolving issues in existing software for real time control systems on surface vessels
- Operate in a fast-paced team environment to respond to issues identified in testing or in the field
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of Machinery Control Systems
- Interface between systems, software, and management teams to integrate and unify efforts for a cohesive approach
- Prepare, maintain, and manage requirements and processes for software development and testing efforts
- Lead and moderate peer, design, and technical reviews
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 7 or more years of professional experience in software development with embedded applications or real time control systems
- At least 1 year of experience acting as a technical and/or programming leader for a software project, including generating technical documentation, designing and analyzing software architectures, software configuration management, software implementation, product deployment, and planning and executing software maintenance and life cycle activities
- At least 2 years of experience using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop, compile, and debug source code for .NET Framework projects in C++/CLI, Managed C++, or C#
- At least 1 year of experience supporting and troubleshooting networked, IP-based systems both locally and via distance support demonstrating a working knowledge and familiarity of network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency with software development and testing cycles
- Experience with online collaboration and issue tracking tools, including Confluence and Jira is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
- Ability to prioritize tasking and manage time effectively
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines without incurring undue risk or degraded quality
- Familiarity and experience working within CMMI and systems engineering process frameworks
This position may require 5% or more travel.
Equal Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com