TDI Technologies, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Software Developer position. The position’s main responsibility will be to lead development efforts supporting advanced naval ship control and maintenance data management and processing. This position will support engineering analysis of large data sets, creating scalable tools for engineers to analyze data for operational and maintenance optimization and life cycle management. The position will require software development as part of a team, test support, documentation, configuration control, and interface development. The candidate must be comfortable working with teams, supervising tasks, and have a strong technical mastery of software development, test, and fielding.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Support systems engineering efforts for ship control network design, test, analysis, optimization, and life cycle management
- Work within a team to troubleshoot complex problems in networked systems and test operational software
- Support systems level testing of multiple versions of software and manage defect identification and correction
- Review and analysis of technical documentation related to currently fielded and future systems
- Provide technical input to the design of future user interfaces and system features
Education & Experience Requirements
- 1 - 3 years of experience with web development using .Net and C#
- 2 or more years of experience with .Net Core, IIS, and Microsoft technology stack
- 1 or more years of experience integrating applications with SQL and relational databases
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required
Skills & Abilities
- Angular, Boostrap, Typescript, and Entity Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server and InfluxDB
- GUI / HMI layout, design, and implementation
- Industrial controls, networks, automation (preferred)
- Understanding of vessel integration and control systems for maritime or naval applications (preferred)
- Leading teams and ensuring meeting project timelines, quality requirements, and customer expectations
- Managing software development approaches and ensuring effective requirements and bug tracking using tools such as JIRA, Clearquest, etc.
- Experience managing software baselines using version control tools such as SubVersion or Git
- Understanding of mechanical and/or electrical systems integration with software (preferred)
- Understanding of TLS, SSL, and encrypted communications protocols
- Network data exchange using TCP/IP, UDP, protocols, experience with Unicast, Broadcast, Multi-Cast transmissions
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail for documentation
- Willingness to lead a team and convey technical problems and solutions to a variety of team members
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile software development practices
Travel: This position may require up to approximately 5% travel. Location: Philadelphia, PA
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To Apply: To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please click here.