TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking candidates for a Simulation / Software Engineer position. This position will design, develop, modify, and test simulations and related software for vessel modeling, integration, navigation, and machinery control systems. position will also include test support, documentation, configuration control, and interface development. This position will support fielded Machinery Control Systems on advanced Naval surface vessels. The candidate must be comfortable working with electrical, computer, and mechanical systems.
- Operate in a fast-paced team environment to address the needs of fielded software and control systems as well as develop and test software for future install
- Provide software-based modeling of advanced machinery, its physical characteristics and aspects to integrating with control and vessel systems.
- Support the ability to simulate machinery in software for instructional / training purposes, generate data streams to simulate network traffic, and support feasibility studies for new system design
- Develop new and/or modify existing control system software
- Support software testing, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Provide technical insights in resolving issues, identifying root cause of problems in software as found in lab and shipboard testing, and recommend / implement solutions
- Initiate, investigate and solve technical issues with minimal technical oversight
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 1-2 years of experience directly related to software based modeling of electro-mechanical systems, industrial machinery preferred.
- 2-5 years of software development experience
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong programming skills and experience with MATLAB and Simulink, especially the following: Real-Time Workshop, SimPower Systems, Stateflow, StateflowCoder
- Familiarity with CMMI Level 3 software development framework and the application of Waterfall and Agile software development practices
- Strong C and C++ programming skills
- Strong experience with version control software, such as SourceSafe, Subversion, cybersecurity patching/implementer, etc.
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software based simulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Familiarity with Ada Programming language
- Ability to integrate with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux Operating System administration: Windows 7/8/10/Server, Linux RedHat or other Linux Shell
- Versa Module Eurocard (VME) Bus / VPX experience
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience
- VMWare Administration
This position may require up to 20% travel.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org