TDI Technologies, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Senior Software Developer position in Philadelphia, PA. The position’s main responsibility will be to lead projects and teams supporting advanced ship control network design, test, analysis, optimization, and life cycle management. The position will also include oversight of test support, documentation, configuration control, and interface development. This position will support fielded Machinery Control Systems on advanced Naval surface vessels. The candidate must be comfortable working with teams, supervising projects, and have a strong technical mastery of software development, test, and fielding.
1. Support systems engineering efforts for ship control network design, test, analysis, optimization, and life cycle management
2. Work within a team to troubleshoot complex problems in networked systems and test operational software
3. Support systems level testing of multiple versions of software and manage defect identification and correction
4. Review and analysis of technical documentation related to currently fielded and future systems
5. Provide technical input to the design of future user interfaces and system features
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. 7 -10 years of experience in software development in C and C++
2. 5 or more years of experience with system integration and/or industrial controls, networks, automation, or cybersecurity
3. Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required
1. Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
2. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Leading teams and ensuring meeting project timelines, quality requirements, and customer expectations
2. Managing software development approaches and ensuring effective requirements and bug tracking using tools such as JIRA, Clearquest, etc.
3. Software development in C and C++
4. Software development and operation within Windows and Linux based systems (experience with real time operating systems such as VxWorks is preferred)
5. Experience using Oracle or other SQL-based databases in applications development
6. Understanding of mechanical and/or electrical systems integration with software
7. Understanding of TLS, SSL, and encrypted communications protocols
8. Experience managing software baselines using version control tools such as SubVersion or Git
9. Network data exchange using TCP/IP, UDP, protocols, experience with Unicast, Broadcast, Multi-Cast transmissions
10. Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail for documentation
11. Willingness to lead a team and convey technical problems and solutions to a variety of team members
Additional Preferred Skills:
1. Familiarity with waterfall and agile software development practices
2. Experience with vessel integration and control systems for maritime or naval applications
This position may require up to approximately 10% travel. Location: Philadelphia, PA Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org