TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking candidates for a Senior Algorithm Engineer position. This position will research and prototype novel analytics algorithms and models on machine learning, data mining, signal processing, and statistical modeling. The candidate will develop algorithms that detect and interpret changes in the system behavior as well as develop tools to automate cleansing, manipulation, and analysis of data sets using languages such as Python. This position will require proficiency in statistical machine learning methods, neural networks, Bayesian and probabilistic inference, and open source tools. This position will support fielded Machinery Control Systems on Naval surface vessels and will require working with software and hardware teams to distinguish root cause of failures, systems engineers to identify requirements and solutions
- Research, design and prototype novel analytics algorithms and models on machine learning, data mining, signal processing, natural language processing (NLP) and statistical modeling to discover actionable and interpretable insights.
- Develop algorithms that detect and interpret changes in system behavior and predict timing of future maintenance needs
- Develop tools to automate cleansing, manipulation, and analysis of data sets using languages such as Python.
- Support root cause analysis of in-service issues and incorporate lessons learned into improved software tools.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering, Software related disciplines, or Mathematics, or in lieu of a Master’s degree,
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Software related disciplines, or Mathematics and 5 years of experience in the work described above
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment focused on innovation.
- Proficiency in developing and automating analytics using Python
- Proficiency and deep knowledge in statistical machine learning methods, neural networks, Bayesian and probabilistic inference, and open source tools
- Naturally inquisitive and skilled in exploratory data analysis, formulating and testing hypotheses.
- Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measurable benefit to our customers
- Ability to communicate complex analysis with clarity and precision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shipboard or industrial experience with machinery control system installation, operational testing, troubleshooting, and repair is preferred
- Experience troubleshooting machinery control systems is preferred
This position may require up to 5% travel.
Equal Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org