TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking candidates for a Junior Software Engineer position. This position will design, modify, and test software supporting research and development efforts, machinery control systems, labs, and shore side support systems for US Navy ships. This position will require test support, documentation, configuration control, and analysis of failures for processes, deployed systems, software, and hardware. This position will support fielded systems on naval surface vessels as well as models of deployed systems. This position will require working with software teams to distinguish root cause of failures, systems engineers to identify requirements and solutions at the lowest replaceable unit, and program managers and the fleet to identify optimal implementation of solutions. The candidate must be comfortable working with software in a variety of languages, operating systems, and environments. The candidate will also benefit from experience and understanding of electrical, computer, and mechanical equipment.
1. Operate in a team environment to develop models, tools, applications, and support the life cycle of ship machinery and equipment in the field
2. Implement software to automate or reduce the manual interaction required to support life cycle and sustainment needs for ship assets
3. Develop tools and improve processes to respond to obsolescence issues and implement designs to avoid / mitigate future obsolescence risks
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering or computer science discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
· 1-2 years of experience directly related to systems testing and/or troubleshooting.
· 1 year of experience with data Analysis using structured/unstructured data preferred.
· Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
· Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be proficient in Python
· Proficiency in C/C++ preferred
· Ability to work in Java is preferred
· Ability to develop software and scripts within Linux Operating Systems
· Experience using Git software version control
· Data Analysis using structured/unstructured data
· Familiarity with machine learning and/or optimization including experience with any of the following packages (TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn)
· Ability to utilize web scraping tools in applications development
· Ability to utilize and develop with Relational Databases
This position may require 5% travel.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org