TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking a full-time IT Infrastructure Specialist to provide support for computing infrastructure, that includes management of server and server-application infrastructure, on-premise or through cloud providers, support of client access and authorization to local and non-local systems and services and providing and supporting NIST compliance.
Support includes advice on the procurement and deployment of various technologies based on knowledge of corporate needs as well as best practices and NIST compliance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support IT infrastructure needs including NIST compliance.
- Microsoft and Azure Network experience required.
- Ongoing operating system and application security.
- Apply technology with minimum of supervision and using considerable evaluation, originality and/or ingenuity.
- Guidance with the technological needs for various environments such as research environments and developing plans to meet those needs.
- Interact regularly, both formally and informally, with staff and leadership to learn about current and future activities, needs, and resource availability.
- Guide in the identification, evaluation, procurement, and implementation of technology systems and services for endusers.
- Facilitate use of centralized, shared, or third-party services to meet needs most efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Identify opportunities to reduce duplication and overlap in the services and technologies.
- Proactively identify gaps in available IT services and resources, including areas of NIST compliance, and provide guidance in the development of plans to help fill these gaps.
- Perform responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Write documentation and knowledge base reviews as needed.
- Investigate and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Work collaboratively with other IT professionals as needed to enhance the overall IT environment.
- Understand organizational processes and make recommendations for continual improvement of those processes to make technology services more effective, efficient, and agile to support corporate goals.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Computer Science.
Experience supporting a networked computing environment, including using, installing, and maintaining Azure environments and VPNs, along with maintaining server-based applications.
- Five years of IT infrastructure support experience.
- Demonstrating experience participating in and leading projects.
- History of continuous professional development.
- Experience working in diverse workgroups, collaborating in a high performance team environment, supporting servers in a virtual environment, utilizing Microsoft Azure, and training others in use of new technology.
- Familiarity with Microsoft and cloud service providers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical services and solutions to non-IT audiences.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email resume to email@example.com