TDI Technologies, Inc. is seeking candidates for an Information Systems Security Engineer position. The position’s main responsibility will be to assist with lab and shipboard control and navigation system cyber security. This position will be on-site support for our Navy customers at NSWCPD.
- This position will Develop, review, and critique Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation in compliance with DoD cybersecurity policy and agency guidance, including DoD 8500 series and NIST 800-37special publications.
- Assess program security compliance, support program briefs, and coordinate and compile program security documentation for various programs
- Provide A&A and cybersecurity support, including RMF, assessing compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), reviewing automated scans, security test and evaluation (ST&E), vulnerability assessments, and computer security responses, and creating and managing RMF packages.
- Plan continuous monitoring of cybersecurity policies, programs, compliance artifacts, and standards in support of compliance, systems accreditation, and management.
- Perform technical audits and report findings directly to the customer by briefing customer/government leadership on technical vulnerabilities and prepare brief slides and summary of findings analyses.
- Consult on the assessment of the effectiveness of an organization’s IT security training program. This position reports directly to a project manager.
- Reduce cyber security risks to the system while ensuring operational requirements are met through system architectural and technical design guidance.
- Ensure cyber security guidelines are incorporated into design, test, and life cycle support of Navy Control System. This may include individual stand-alone applications, major systems, or system-of-systems. Mitigate risks and evaluate security trade-offs and impacts to system(s) performance and availability.
- Work with Program Managers and engineers to ensure cyber security needs are incorporated into schedules, implemented in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Information Assurance (IA) guidance.
- Track and report on system(s) Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) status, identify and resolve issues to maintain A&A.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 1 or more years of experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF) or DoD IA Certification and Accreditation (DIACAP) experience required, DoD certification package development preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience with cyber security vulnerability assessment and risk mitigation, including patching and implementing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- Experience with industrial or marine machinery control system and automation is preferred.
- Knowledge of US Navy programs, organizations, functions, and responsibilities is preferred.
- Active federal SECRET Security Clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance
- Security Certifications: CompTIA Security+ at minimum, CISSP or CEH Certificates preferred
This position may require up to 10% travel. Location: Philadelphia, PA
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email resume to: email@example.com