TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking candidates for an Electrical Engineer position. This position will design, modify, and test electrical networks, navigation, machinery and damage control systems in labs and aboard various US Navy platforms. This position will require test support, documentation, configuration control, and analysis of failures for deployed systems and hardware in design. This position will support fielded Machinery Control Systems on Naval surface vessels, and will require working with software and hardware teams to distinguish root cause of failures, systems engineers to identify requirements and solutions at the lowest replaceable unit, and program managers and the fleet to identify optimal implementation of solutions. The candidate must be comfortable working with electrical, computer, and mechanical systems.
- Operate in a fast-paced team environment to respond to issues identified in testing or in the field
- Identify methods to find and resolve issues, working to determine root cause and work with others to propose options for fleet-wide resolution
- Operationally test, troubleshoot and repair Machinery, Navigation, and Damage Control System components
- Execute test procedures, optimize test plans, automate testing, identify opportunities to execute testing in software models to reduce risk of plant tests
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 3 or more years of experience directly related to electrical machines, motors, generators, including modeling, testing, and troubleshooting
- At least 1 year of experience modeling complex systems with software such as Simulink
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Shipboard or industrial experience with machinery control system installation, operational testing, troubleshooting, and repair
- Experience troubleshooting software-based machinery control systems
- Ability to use electrical and software based analysis tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, network traffic analyzers (such as Wireshark)
- Ability to work with C++ software to aid in modeling and test automation
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software based simulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This position may require up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com