TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking candidates for a Control Systems Engineer position. This position will design, modify, and test networks, navigation, and machinery control systems in labs and aboard US Navy ships. This position will require test support, documentation, configuration control, and analysis of failures for deployed systems and hardware in design. This position will support fielded Machinery Control Systems on Naval surface vessels, and will require working with software teams to distinguish root cause of failures, systems engineers to identify requirements and solutions at the lowest replaceable unit, and program managers and the fleet to identify optimal implementation of solutions.. The candidate must be comfortable working with electrical, computer, and mechanical systems.
- Operate in a fast-paced team environment to respond to issues identified in testing or in the field
- Identify methods to find and resolve issues, working to determine root cause and work with others to propose options for fleet-wide resolution
- Respond to obsolescence issues and implement designs to avoid / mitigate future obsolecense risks
- Troubleshoot and repair both Versa Module Eurocard (VME) Bus / VPX and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) equipped systems and components
- Support teams with distance and on-site troubleshooting and repair of various shipboard Machinery Control System (MCS) hardware and software problems
- Conduct VPX system benchtop prototyping development, requiring programming, integrating testing, and analyzing candidate VPX boards and associated LINUX-based and Windows 10 operating systems for Machinery Control System replacement
- Operationally test, troubleshoot and repair the Class Machinery Control System (MCS)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 1-2 years of experience directly related to systems testing and/or troubleshooting
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Shipboard or industrial experience with machinery control system installation, operational testing, troubleshooting, and repair
- Experience troubleshooting software-based machinery control systems
- Ability to use electrical and software based analysis tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, network traffic analyzers (such as Wireshark)
- VPX-based system and hardware development experience
- Versa Model Eurocard (VME) Bus experience
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience
- Experience with machinery network and hard wired signal interfaces
- Experience in developing schematics, wiring diagrams, installation drawings and procedures, and troubleshooting/maintenance procedures
- Experience in reviewing schematics to isolate shipboard issues and redlining drawings if discrepancy were found
- Experience with Ethernet network, Profibus, RS-485/422/232, Modbus and fiber optic standards and protocols
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software based simulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This position may require 25% or more travel.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org