Senior Technical Writer
TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) has an immediate opening for a full-time Sr. Technical Writer in San Diego, California. Qualified candidate must have proven technical writing skills and experience writing technical manuals according to MIL-SPEC. The position will also require project management knowledge and experience specializing in developing, publishing and maintaining professional, concise manuals such as user guides, operation manuals, maintenance manuals, logistics support manuals, configuration management plans/manuals, and training manuals.
Qualified candidate will be highly skilled in all Microsoft Office 2007 products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as a strong knowledge of Windows 7 and other associated desktop publishing software or similar software expertise.
Candidate will be tasked with day-to-day support providing customer and technical support, planning and optimization for the department, as well as responsible for developing and maintaining a strong relationship with management.
- Prepares technical documentation by generating technical content and converting technical descriptions into user-understandable language.
- Prepares layout by writing, editing, keying, and copying text; creating and importing graphics; converting, scanning, and enhancing photographs, images, and art into digital images; completing color separations.
- Manages resource of draft and final released technical documentation by filing and organizing publications and files into a hyperlinked Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Interfaces with customers by attending weekly Engineering meetings.
- Completes projects by coordinating with agencies and printing services.
- Minimum of 5 Years of experience in writing user guides, operation manuals, maintenance manuals, logistics support manuals, configuration management plans/manuals, and training manuals according to MIL-SPEC.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, including creating templates and formatting in Microsoft Word and Power Point, and hyperlinks in Microsoft Excel.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Attention to Detail, Quality Focused, and Organized
- Ability to work individually with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
TO APPLY: To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com