TDI Technologies, Inc. is seeking candidates for Supervisory level machinery controls Systems Engineer positions. The main function of the candidate will be to provide lifecycle support of fielded Machinery Control Systems (MCS) on the USS ARLEIGH BURKE class of destroyer. This includes shipboard support as well as Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) support. The USS ARLEIGH BURKE MCS is comprised of four (4) different variants spanning various technologies.
Lifecycle support of the supervisory machinery control system which
includes, but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting complex problems of all variants of fielded systems (microprocessor based control systems) both at LBES and shipboard
- Review of technical documentation related to all variants of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide test support for all variants of fielded systems at LBES
- Provide shipboard SW & HW installation support of all variants of fielded systems at LBES
- Provide technical input to the design of future MCS systems
- Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Provide design support for integration of equipment in an industrial/shipboard environment
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required
- 1-3 years of experience in electrical engineering as it pertains to control systems in an industrial environment
1. Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
2. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
Skills and Abilities
1. Essential Skills
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with indurstrial control systems
- Proficiency in reading electrical diagrams
- Proficiency in the use of test tools associated with industrial control systems
- Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with industrial control system troubleshooting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
- Basic Technical writing ability
- Self-motivated able to work in a team environment
2. Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with Versa Module Eurocard (VME) systems
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems
This position requires the candidate to travel at least 10% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org