TDI Technologies, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Embedded Programmer. The work entails embedded OS configuration and bring-up activities, including testing and debugging 1off hardware systems and supervising software automation processes. Additionally, developing of programing models, tools, examples, and documentation.
Working as part of our engineering team, performing R&D, embedded systems design and programming, and firmware development and maintenance; this position requires:
- A passion for large embedded systems
- Highly proficient in at least C (lots of assembly experience a plus)
- Previous experience with JTAG and other debuggers
- Previous experience debugging embedded device drivers a plus
- Previous exposure to simulation systems or virtualizations a plus
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Hands on experience with embedded systems
Job Description Requirements
- Strong command of English language a must
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineer, or equivalent skills and/or experience;
- At least three years work experience programming for microcontrollers and other applications;
- At least three years work experience with ADA, Eclipse, or Arduino programming interface; Ability to develop embedded programs in C or C++;
- Proficient with lab instrumentation (e.g. Scopes, DMM, Logic analyzers, etc.)
- Knowledge Standard interfaces (e.g. SPI, 12C, USB, Ethernet, modbus, etc.)
- Exceptional software architecture/design skills and C programming and development skills.
- Strong working knowledge of real-time design and embedded operating systems.
- Embedded systems programming and project experience of 2-4 years of software engineering experience.
- Embedded systems knowledge of the entire product development lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, test and deployment).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact with other disciplines outside of engineering.
- Experience with the Renesas HEW development environment and Renesas microcontrollers is desired.
Nice to have
- Work experience designing and building IOT devices
- Work experience with Eagle or Altium PCB design tool
- Ability to prototype, solder (including SMT components), and assemble circuits and design PCBs, including choosing appropriate components
- PCB CAD tools, Lab equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meters, etc)
- Project management experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills or Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org