Embedded Systems Engineer
TDI Technologies, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Embedded Systems Engineer, who will work alongside electrical and mechanical engineers to build and deploy a variety of electrical and machinery control systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop firmware for embedded control systems
- Create GUIs and utilities for embedded Linux systems
- Build communication interfaces for multi-node systems
- Maintain and document repositories
- Determine system requirements
- Operate in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Qualifications and Skills
1. Key Skills
- Experience with bringing up bare metal microprocessor systems
- Familiarity with embedded Linux and real-time operating systems
- Exposure to CAN/CANopen
- Experience with source code control and code documentation, (e.g. github,source safe)
- Capable of operating in small teams
- Able to complete assignments in an accurate and timely manner
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Understanding of electromechanical and feedback systems
- Written communication skills for clear and accurate documentation
- Comfortable with working on multiple projects
- Familiarity with databases and SQL a plus
- Experience with electronics and hardware prototyping desirable, but not required
- Experience with basic hand tools desirable, but not required
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org