TDI Technologies, Inc. is seeking candidates for a naval ship machinery Automation Engineer position. The position’s main responsibility will be to orchestrate development of machinery control systems hardware and software development. The position will also include test support, documentation, configuration control, and interface development. This position will require hands-on work with electrical and computer components as well as rotating machinery. This position will support redesign efforts to address modernization efforts for machinery control and enterprise information systems. The candidate must be comfortable working with electrical, computer, and mechanical systems.
Hardware and software control system development for Navy machinery control systems identifying constraints, complying with top level design and interface requirements, and in accordance with schedule and resources available. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Control system architecture hardware/network design.
- Defining process control requirements.
- Programming of automated process control on PLC hardware.
- User interface HMI development.
- Creation, review, and update of technical documentation.
- Evaluation of design options, supplier products and platforms, evaluation of trade-offs for cost, reliability, and sustainability, consideration of complex interfaces
- Troubleshooting complex problems with currently fielded systems in order to identify methods to mitigate, minimize, or avoid similar problems in next generation hardware and software
- Design and plan for shipboard software & hardware installation support
- Develop test procedures to exercise requirements of fielded systems and future fielded systems
- Support program management, collaborate with developers, engineers, Subject Matter Experts, and end users to ensure projects are executed per requirements and project plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline - Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- In lieu of a degree, candidates with 10+ years of experience with automated equipment OEMs may be considered.
- 5-7 years of experience in industrial control system hardware and software design. Experience with automated manufacturing or process control machinery OEMs is strongly considered.
- Working knowledge of distributed control systems and communications.
- Successful applicants must have either an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
- Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with industrial control systems
- Proficiency with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) – Allen Bradley preferred
- Proficiency in reading and/or creating electrical diagrams
- Experience troubleshooting problems and utilizing team resources
- Self-motivated and willingness to approach others with ideas and to solicit information
- Proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools associated with industrial control system troubleshooting
- Proficient in computer/laptop use including advanced operations - Windows and Linux preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Basic technical writing ability
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with GUI/HMI design
- Experience with versioning control software – Git or similar
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
- Experience with other programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
This position may require approximately 5 to 15% travel. Location: Philadelphia, PA
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
TDI Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layout, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To be considered for a position at TDI Technologies, Inc., please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org